January 31, 2010

chicago, here i come


so with my new job we have a week in the Executive Development Program where we do a store rotation. it is to help us better our knowledge on how the department managers run their store, stock levels, handling and catering to our customers, managing the sales team, and the list goes on. the cool part about this week, we can do it in any Neiman Marcus store in the country! so of course this was my chance for a "vacation"!

i was disputing between San Francisco, my favorite city in the country, or Chicago. both of these places would be absolutely fun, but i had to think of the logical place. now San Fran would have been the best because that Neiman Marcus is a little unique, it has gorgeous building structure and design that i have never seen in a Neiman Marcus before, but because the travel to and from the actual store would be more difficult, San Francisco is out



i have chosen to go to Chicago. totally excited for a million and one reasons. i will be staying with my sister (my best friend) for like 10 days. her poor husband will be sick of us by the end of these 10 days because we are like two ridiculous kids when you put us together. i will be working at the Michigan Avenue store (hopefully/most likely). there are many reasons that i am excited for Chicago and Michigan Avenue Neiman Marcus, but i will let you in on the best reasons.

1. lunch and dinner dates with my sister at the Zodiac. the Zodiac has the best food, but the ultimate favorite part of the meal is the popovers! these things are absolutely delicious. they are served with strawberry butter that is divine. the popovers aren't good without this Strawberry butter. (little secret, i can order these any day i want from Bar 6 at the Dallas Neiman Marcus where my office is located. if you add a bowl of their other famous divine food, the chicken broth, the meal is under $4, awesome). me and sissy just love to eat these and just talk. thank you popovers for coming into my life!

2. getting to ride the Elle Train. in Dallas we don't get the luxury of a free ($5/day) ride
to work. every morning when i get to drive to work in Dallas, i have to think hard, pay attention to the traffic, rush through the parking garage, which plays music that reminds me of a circus, and walk heavily fast by all the bums on the empty streets of downtown Dallas. the Elle has so much to offer, people watching, time to think about life, and the maturity that a real adult feels in a big city! Although i don't know how to really take the Elle, my brother in law already told me which trains to get on, so i think I can handle it now! thanks Ad!

3. time with my sissy and brother. sorry scott didn't mention you before, but i get to see him to. i love my brother, he is the cutest thing. now that we are adults, i think the three of us together are more childlike now, then we were when we were children. we can workout together, shop together, visit family together, and just be together. its not often the three of us are all together so it will be great to be together, the three of us. (yes they left me out of this picture, terrible sad as you can tell, but i still love them)
so as you can see this is a very exciting treat for me during a crazy time at work, it will get to be a little exciting for a little change. i know that Chicago is a little different then Dallas, people, ethics, culture, all of it, but i am excited to shove my little Texas self into a little bit of Chicago. And to bring the true culture of Neiman Marcus from the original store on Main Street, I have a lot to bring to you Chicago, get ready!














No comments:

Post a Comment